One of the best resources out there for journalists who want to retool their career is News University, which is part of the Poynter Institute. Unlike many other schools, News University is affordable and doesn’t require plane tickets to St. Petersburg.
On Wednesday, the school is offering a course called “What Makes a Great Blog: Principles for Success.” Here’s the course synopsis:
In this one-hour presentation, we’ll look at a diverse selection of popular bloggers and learn how to employ their strategies in a news environment.
In this Webinar you’ll learn:
- What qualities make up a good blog
- How to reach a wider audience
- How to blog efficiently and effectively while juggling other work
- How to create and manage robust communities of commenters
- How to follow a good number of blogs efficiently
While the course normally runs for $24.95, you can get $10 off if you are a twitter fan. Go here for the promo code, then search for the tweet called “Working on a deal for Twitter fans.”
Or go here to see if any scholarship money is left. You must apply before 5 p.m. Eastern Time today.
If you can’t make the 2 p.m. Eastern start time, register so you can watch the video recording.