The Online News Association has extended its annual Online Journalism Awards deadline to Wednesday, July 8th.
The contest is open to journalists who maintain websites that contain original content or commentary. For general information on the contest, go here. Nonmembers and members may enter, though the latter pay a lower entry fee.
Below is the list of categories, or go here for detailed descriptions:
- Knight Award for Public Service – One award
- General Excellence in Online Journalism – Four awards
- General Excellence in Online Journalism, Non-English – Two awards
- Breaking News – Three awards
- Specialty Site Journalism – Two awards
- Investigative Journalism – Two awards
- Multimedia Feature Presentation – Three awards
- Online Topical Reporting/Blogging – Two awards
- Online Commentary/Blogging – Three awards
- Outstanding Use of Digital Technologies – Two awards
- Online Video Journalism – Two awards
- Community Collaboration – One Award
- Student Journalism – Two awards
- Gannett Foundation Award for Technical Innovation in the Service of Digital Journalism – One Award
Note: Multiple awards correspond to site size based on readership.